Topic: Mark thread as answered / resolved

I logged a question and then, because of the time zone delay, found the answer nyself.  How do I mark this thread as answered?

If there is no feature can I suggest that there ought to be?  At least, in part, so that the forum users and monitors can keep a track of how many problems remain unresolved.

I haven't used this forum for a year (I got so frustrated with RonR that I gave up, thinking that in time things might improve) but I noticed before that if a question was not answered in the first 24 hours, it was never answered.  This resulted in frequent reposting of the same issue in the hope that it might catch the attention of ryanb or someone else with a good grasp of the issues.

Re: Mark thread as answered / resolved

The best way would be to reply with the answer you found so that someone in the future searching the forum might be able to benefit from what you learned. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Hey Josh - yes I have done that.  But this doesn't address the issues I raised about the visibility of unanswered posts...

You can edit your original post and change the topic.

I would also encourage altruistic people who want to help others out to routinely check out things like the list of unanswered posts:

http://railsforum.com/search.php?action=show_unanswered

smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs