Topic: Request for Tutorial of Blog with tagging

I have a request for a tutorial for a blog with using acts_as_taggable_on_steriods and restful_authentication. Ideas?

Re: Request for Tutorial of Blog with tagging

that's a tall order for one tutorial dude.

the restful authentication part on it's own is well documented in this very forum.

the blog part you can follow akira's tutorial for his rails webcast 2.0. and lastly acts_as_taggable_on_steroids took me awhile to get right, that i'm keeping those cards close to my chest.

The thing with tutorials, is they only do it half way.. all the cool security features that you need to make sure people don't F@#Ck with your sh!t, are never covered, nor could they be.

Your one sentence above is like 4 pages of tutorials, minimum.  i've started you off though, so i'm not a total douchebag.

If this was the IRC Channel, you'd get lambasted... i've been there.
good luck dude.

I agree. Try learning those lessons separately and then put them together:

Tutorial: Restful Authentication with all the bells and whistles

Screencast: Akita Rails 2.0 (blog example)

Tutorial: Akita follow-up 2.0 tutorial

Plugin with some examples to get you started: Acts_as_taggable_on_steroids

Google Search: Acts_as_taggable_on_steroids

Cheers

I just opensourced the code for my first blogger and it uses both but I warn you it's not pretty being my very first from scratch web app. It uses both of the above plugins and they all work. It's called RBlog and you can get it from github at http://github.com/nu2rails/rblog/tree/master It will take some digging but it's all pretty simple really. You can also use the code and modify it for your own uses. I wouldn't recommend using it as is.

nerb wrote:

acts_as_taggable_on_steroids took me awhile to get right, that i'm keeping those cards close to my chest.

Nice man you really have a great community sense about you.... if ANY THING something that took you awhile to get the hang of or you felt was hard then all the more reason to tell people about it. Jezzz

listen magic man.... your 'sense of community' schtick can be shoved where the sun don't shine pal.

the license for rails is MIT, and not the communistic GPL, so again bugger off with that stuff about community.  you don't know what i've given back to people who have asked for help, so stop with your futile attempt at sarcasm.

As with anything in rails, most of the tutorials have something to do with the way you setup your routes and how everything interacts with one another, and that is why i won't write about how i coded by coincidence and got it to work.  Maybe it will work for the guy, who knows.  This board is loaded with posts from guys like this guy who ask for the moon and usually are unanswered.

Mr.Nerb this had nothing to do with your willingness to explain or go into further detail. it was your attitude about the situation that was flawed. why would you tell someone who is looking for help that you have the answer and that you wont give it. why mention it at all? no need for carrots and sticks on a forum.