Topic: Forum News - September 18

- First off, we hit 500 members!  Everyone celebrate. smile

- Second, code tags without a language are now styled in the nice highlighted manner.

 See?
  check it out
   this is
  a code tag
without a specified language

We're still working on one niggling issue with horizontal scrollbars on long, one-line code snippets.  But other than that, this is a big improvement. smile

- Last, did you know you can get a list Unanswered Topics?  Just click the 'Show Unanswered Topics' link at the bottom of the main page of the forums.

These are topics that have no had any replies--often these are questions that are still in need of an answer. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Re: Forum News - September 18

Josh wrote:

- Second, code tags without a language are now styled in the nice highlighted manner.

Yay! Much better.

Something else you may want to fix is that the code indents one character more when entering two digit line numbers (starting at line 10).

Good work though.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Re: Forum News - September 18

ryanb wrote:

Something else you may want to fix is that the code indents one character more when entering two digit line numbers (starting at line 10).

Ah, good call.  I'll let Vinnie know (though he'll probably see this thread anyway tongue) and make see if he can work out a fix for that one. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Re: Forum News - September 18

Congrats on the 500 users.  What does the growth rate look like?  Is it pretty steady?

Re: Forum News - September 18

I think it's probably averaging around 5 per day.  Somedays we get 2 or 3, some we get 10 or 12.  Many of the new users don't post, unfortunately, and still fewer become regular posters.  But I think the forum will eventually hit critical mass (it sort of already has), where it will just keep growing on its own and will be large and engaging enough to suck more new members in. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Re: Forum News - September 18

Josh wrote:

But I think the forum will eventually hit critical mass (it sort of already has), where it will just keep growing on its own and will be large and engaging enough to suck more new members in. smile

The the zombie-like brain eating can begin in full! *gets excited*

Re: Forum News - September 18

Congrats guys. 500 members are ... a lot! When I signed up (early august) there were just 200  I think...

so, back to my beer... :-)

Last edited by Dieter Komendera (2006-09-18 16:22:04)

My homepage: http://www.komendera.com/
Working at: http://www.abloom.at/
My blog: soaked and soaped http://soakedandsoaped.com/

Re: Forum News - September 18

Kelli wrote:

The the zombie-like brain eating can begin in full! *gets excited*

Mmmm.... users....

Dieter: You joined on my best friend's birthday. wink

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Re: Forum News - September 18

ryanb wrote:
Josh wrote:

- Second, code tags without a language are now styled in the nice highlighted manner.

Yay! Much better.

Something else you may want to fix is that the code indents one character more when entering two digit line numbers (starting at line 10).

Good work though.

Test:

this is a 
multiline
passage of text


come
on
where
is
line
10???


edit: okay I see it now. I'll see what I can do about that today smile

vinnie - rails forum admin

Re: Forum News - September 18

?

Re: Forum News - September 18

Yes?  What an odd first post...

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs