Topic: Need a logo designed

I am looking to get a logo designed for a site that I am finishing up and was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences that they could share.

I was searching on the web to see what I could find and the top couple looked pretty good, until I noticed that 2 different sites were advertising the same logos.  After seeing that I figured it is better to find a company through someone else with a good experience.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Need a logo designed

I would recommend holding a contest at a site like 99designs.com or Design Outpost.

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

These could work.

Have you used either of these sites?

I've had experience with two logo design companies.

Logoworks - wouldn't recommend. Admittedly the result was nice enough to look at, but to be honest they completely ignored the specs I provided.

logoportal.co.uk - good price and a great service. The designer dealt directly with me via email and was great to work with.

I can't stop thinking about Rails. Can't sleep, can't eat, can't concentrate on work. It must be love.

professionalnerd,

Do you happen to have links to the logos that were done for you?  It would be nice to see something other than the ones they put on display.

*** Update
How was it that you picked the second one.  At first glimpse of their site I would be having second thoughts. smile

BTW I did find the professionalnerd logo on their site.

Last edited by iso (2008-04-05 21:14:22)

Hey mate, sorry for the slow response.

I tried logoworks after they were featured in an article I'd read on business 2.0.  After spending $250 with them and not being amazingly pleased with the service I thought I'd give the absolute cheapest a try to make a comparison, and that's why I tried logoportal which cost me just

I can't stop thinking about Rails. Can't sleep, can't eat, can't concentrate on work. It must be love.

Hi iso,

Yep, I've had experience with them.  99Designs is a spin off from SitePoint.com (disclosure: I am currently a moderator on their forums).  I acquainted with a handful of the designers that frequent these sites and have often been impressed with their work.  I've used contests on a number occasions in the past to get design work done.

I also used to own a similar design contest site, www.gfxcontests.com

If you don't want to go the design contest route, I'd recommend these guys: http://www.tencreatives.com/ -- It's a collective of some excellent designers, many of whom I know.

Specifically, Paulo Vieira, who has done work for me in the past.  His portfolio is here: http://guetizo.carbonmade.com/

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs