Topic: "Simply Rails 2" for RoR 2.1?

Is the book "Simply Rails 2(2nd ed. May 2008)" for RoR 2.1? Or just for RoR 2.0.2?

Re: "Simply Rails 2" for RoR 2.1?

I don't know but I don't imagine that it would make that much difference, if it is only for Rails 2.0.2 then you could easily learn the differences after you have gotten a handle on Rails using the book.

That will waste some times. Besides I already using 2.1 and learning it with "Agile web dev with ror 3rd ed beta" book. So don't intend to roll back.

Anyone know the answer?

I never said to roll back. What I meant was that if you create the example app that was written for Rails 2.0.2 it should work in Rails 2.1 and then you can add things that are for Rails 2.1, the differences between 2.0.2 and 2.1 are not huge. The new things in 2.1 are covered well by a pdf available at http://www.rubyinside.com/rails-21-free-ebook-918.html.

My point is, the simple app you create by stepping through the agile book probably won't touch on things that are 2.1 specific as the basic framework will still work the same way, it's not like Rails was rewritten from the ground up for 2.1.

I get it now. Thanks.