Topic: Netbeans: Not working right on Linux

Hi guys,

I just start to learn RoR and wish to seek some help here. Recently I try to switch from Windows XP to Ubuntu 8.04. I used Netbeans 6.1 to develop RoR application on Ubuntu. But I faced some problem with it, which I'm not sure whether the problem is Netbeans, Ubuntu or Linux specific, because Netbeans works fine on Windows XP.

1. When I switch to other application, like browser, pdf reader(to read something) or console. and when I focus back(click on the editor) to Netbeans, the cursor is there but I can't type anything. I need to click on other part of Netbeans(says project explorer) then click back the editor, then only i can edit it. This happen mostly when I switch between programs.

2. In Netbeans, there are times when it will pop up a yes/no confirmation windows, like when you need to add plugins, or stop the server. And quite often I got a empty windows(no message nor button) i need to redo the step a few time in order for a proper windows to pop up.

Do you guys got any problems like that on linux? Please advise. Thank you.

Re: Netbeans: Not working right on Linux

I use Netbeans on Arch Linux, and never had a problem.
Could it be the Java Machine? Try to reinstall it

The second problem is related to Compiz (3D desktop). You can google for some solutions (installing latest beta version of java 6 update 10, if I remember correctly).

Thanks guys, problem solved after install latest JDK, previously was using openJDK.