Topic: Railsforum's Login Bug!

I found I would not login successful first time.I must login again and it will show
"

* Logged in as ilikeror

"

Did others have this problem?

I am on rails.

Re: Railsforum's Login Bug!

Yeah, I've actually noticed that sometimes it takes me a couple of tries to log in.  We're less keen on fixing bugs with PunBB right now though -- unless they're major -- as we're in the process of moving to vBulletin, which is an all around much more advanced and versatile forum system.

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

I thought you were working on forum written in rails ??

@Eric: Well, we were last fall ... but unfortunately the team we had working on that got busy with other things and just didn't have time for what was essentially a massive side project.  So we've abandoned that for now.  Someday, I'd love for Rails Forum to be run on Rails... but we won't sweat that it isn't.  There's no sense spending massive time and effort reinventing the wheel when vBulletin is a great forum package that already fits our needs. smile

Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

oh ok.
Good to know you choosed vb. It's a great forum.
Maybe someday railsforum will be written in rails smile It would be a great project on which regulars on this forum could work also smile

You could contribute to this project: http://github.com/radar/rboard.

It does most of the basic features, I just don't know what it's missing.

@Radar Is that a project of yours?  I might be able to share with you some of the planning docs Vinnie and I had initially made for the old rorBB project.  Drop me an email: josh [at] railsforum [dot] com

Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Email dropped.

I'm having a couple of issues with the forum login as well.

Josh, sent you an email as well.

Best regards.