Topic: Netbeans Colour Theme issues

I have this niggling problem with Netbeans that is *really* ruining my enjoyment. The RHTML schemes all have a white background for the contents of the "<% %>" tags. Each time I load the IDE up, I have to go in an manually set the colours all over again. It doesn't save them, and promptly forgets on restart.

Anyone seen this? Have any ideas.
So minor, but it is driving me crazy!

Toby Hede
===================================================
FiniteStateMachine - Software Development for Social Networks

Re: Netbeans Colour Theme issues

The color sheme is an XML in your configuration, why not trying to play with it ?

Nicolas

Do you know where it lives?

Toby Hede

When I use netbeans I use the Aloha theme color

so my config files are in :

~/.netbeans/6.5beta/update_tracking/AlohaTheme.xml
~/.netbeans/6.5beta/config/Modules/AlohaTheme.xml
~/.netbeans/6.5beta/config/Editors/FontsColors/Aloha

(the same for 6.1 with 6.1 instead of 6.5beta ...)

The Aloha theme can be found here

http://blog.huikau.com/2008/04/28/aloha … tbeans-61/

If you're using the original colorscheme, you'll find a version in the Editors/FontsColors

Nico

Hmmm, strange.

I've been using the Dark Pastels theme that comes as a plugin (see: http://blogs.sun.com/tor/date/20071008) and it works wonderfully with everything.  Simply install the plugin, switch to the Theme in your preferences and you should be good to go.

Glad to see more Netbeans users for Ruby smile, it's a blast! (Well, when I have to work in Windows anyway)

Yeah, I actually have gone back to TextMate because I just cant get the themes to work properly, even upgrading to 6.5. Such a tiny issue, but it really steals the pleasure away from development.

Toby Hede

Can I ask why you switched from Textmate? Just curious because I am having some niggles with it and looking for solutions to them.

Not sure, really. I came to Ruby from Java, so IDEs are what I have been using for the last X years.

I've never really used the full potential of TextMate, and I've decided to get a bit more serious about learning it.

Toby Hede

Ah ok, we have been having problems with it on it's load time when we switch spaces as it loads all files into memory and it slows us down and if you flick through it's space it steals focus when it catches up. It's a shame because I do love Textmate, but this project that we have had ongoing might be too big for it now, might have to switch to MacVim, I don't know of anything else that I would want to use for RoR.