Topic: I just launched my hobby project

Hey

As I've been hanging here for some time, asking for help, and trying to also help others out, I figured it might be nice to show what I've come up with.

This is my "first" public live project that actually does something serious, but I've been coding other stuff for quite a while that never made it out the door into the public.

Anyway, it doesn't really have much to do with code itself, it is just fun to write here about it as it is a Rails app!

The url is http://www.12khz.com and it is a simple platform for unsigned bands who want to upgrade from the generic community profile page to a more website-like thing. I did this because I wanted it myself, I like having a website, but I don't need the biggest thing around. So I figured more people would have a need for it.

It's been online in this first version for about three hours now. smile We'll see if people sign up with time!

Thanks for all the help from the members here, I hope I can give back someday!

Kenny

Re: I just launched my hobby project

Looks great! Nice work.

There's a small group of electronic(a) musicians that meet monthly here in SF and who knows, maybe some may want to check it out.

-- Amy

Thanks!

It would be awesome if they'd want to try it out!

kenny

Site looks great man, I'm sure it will be a big success. May I make a suggestion though? I think you should make some sort of default image that is automatically assigned to something that doesn't have an image, because I was looking at some of the band profiles and there was a lot of missing picture text. I think it would just be a little easier on the eyes to maybe just have the 12khz logo or something. Just a suggestion, great site.

Hey

I guess you are referring to the "missing image"-image? smile

I agree with you, there are still some graphic stuff that should go in there. That image just somehow lingered from the dev version I guess. I figured, let's get the app out there, and update it iterative, including design.

Thanks for the suggestion though, it makes it clear it needs an update!

Kenny