Topic: Restful Authentication. Latest and greatest?

Hello,

I'm looking to use the restful authentication plugin and am a bit confused as to whether or not the svn repository contains the latest and greatest  version or not.  I read online that techno-weenie (the creator) has a git repository which looks like it's advertised as the most current but the script install stuff I read about references the svn repository.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by snappa (2009-02-14 12:26:55)

Re: Restful Authentication. Latest and greatest?

I've never used restful_authentication, but I would assume the copy in his git repository is the latest one. I'd be willing to bet money on it.

If I've helped you out with something, feel free to recommend me on working with rails.

Thanks.  I'm used to subversion but need to look into git.  From what little I know about it there's a big difference among the two in that you essentially have a complete copy of a repository and clone from it.

I assume there's a way to perform a script/plugin install for a git repository.  I should say, I hope there's an equivalent way to do this.  Everything just "works" with subversion.  I guess I figured it would be a while before yet another source control tool would be tossed into the mix.  Oh well.

The repository has been moved to github so use this one for the latest changes, and there are major ones. The svn repo is still up for legacy reasons I guess.

Thank you.  It looks really great.  Just trying to get my head around a bunch of pieces at the moment.  I've written one of my own but like the idea of using a feature rich plugin like this for flexibility down the road.

script/plugin install works for git repositories, if you haven't already figured that out

Use the clone url.

If I've helped you out with something, feel free to recommend me on working with rails.