Topic: Xcode for developing on a mac?

I was wondering if anyone had any experience developing a Rails project using Xcode. I haven't been able to find much information on it.

It would seem that Xcode, a native Apple application, would be very good on a Mac. Positive and negative comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Xcode for developing on a mac?

Xcode is more designed to write Cocoa apps. For Rails apps, Textmate is a better solution imho.

Xcode can track tests, libraries, do debugging, and much more. Xcode would be a fantastic IDE for Rails. It seems logical that Xcode could be used for this.

Ultimately, I would test it out, and see if it works for you.

The simple answer is, yes, Xcode will work for writing Rails apps. However you may or may not like how it handles certain things.

Also, try out TextMate and see which you prefer. I do believe TextMate has a trial period. And if you do decide to go with TextMate, it's only like $25 the last I looked at pricing.

I personally use TextMate for anything local, but once my apps are on a server, I use Dreamweaver with some Ruby extensions. But if Xcode works for you, use that by all means... wink