Topic: Who are the premier Ruby on Rails guru's/developers on this board ?

Hi,
  I am looking for the most knowledgeable ROR developers on this board. In your opinion, who are the most knowledgeable and helpful users on this board? 

I am offering a free 1 year hosting account for development in exchange for feedback on our setup.  We are trying to improve our setup and are looking for a RoR developer to test it.

If your skilled in RoR development, and open to providing meaningful feedback, please reply or point me in the right direction.

Last edited by CWI Tech Guy (2009-03-17 02:39:07)

Re: Who are the premier Ruby on Rails guru's/developers on this board ?

no offence friend, but the most advanced rails developer on here would probably want more then something they already have, i.e., a development hosting account.  Also, do you want people to evaluate your code or how you setup ruby and rails on  your server, like a sysadmin?

You could try workingwithrails.com for really experienced people.  I do know a lot of great rails people, however, most of them would only look at setups for money, as that is what would make someone really pry themselves away from their work.

Welcome to rails and i hope you find someone.

Last edited by nerb (2009-03-17 14:59:24)

I am the best developper on this board, my rates are $1000/hours for consulting and I want a limo big_smile

Johnson! Thats outrageous! I'll do it for $999/hour and cab fare!

You'd be surprised what kind of feedback you'll get if you stop being shady and just post what you've got. A quick search of the forum should show you who the popular Rails hosts are and indicate what issues, if any, the community has had with them. Work from there and then tune your service to compete in the market.

Another option if you're a new hosting company, is to listen to the advice in "Getting Real with Rails" and just launch the damn service. You'll find out where the holes are pretty quickly. The experts will push the limits one way, and the noobs will push it another.

Having said all that, if you'd care to provide some contact info it might make it a little easier for interested developers to find you. Though I understand that posting a link asking someone to "review" your services is a little spammy. I commend you for not doing that, on this forum anyway.

Googling your screen name turns up lots of hits on forums where you have a zero post count. The first indication that you exist as a legitmate buisness entity is a forum posting halfway down the second page. That forum is a real gem of the internet too.

The other forums (and boy there are a lot of them) you've posted on, with maybe only 2 or 3 unique messages are the real gems of the internet. I can learn about wang pills right alongside the fine hosting available from your employer.

Also your search rank sucks. So not only are you a spammer, you're bad at it too. On the upside your vague post got me to look and find out what was really going on. I hope you have fun dealing with all the traffic from people that won't be buying your services, I'm sure thats a real bummer for your bottom line.

So in writing this post I managed to kill some time on a slow evening at home, expose a scumbag spammer, and hopefully amused the RailsForum without upsetting the mods.

Mods, my most sincere apologies if I've broken any rules here. I was bored, this guy seemed like he might have needed some advice, but it turns out he's just a worthless waste of space at another crappy hosting company.

Johnson wrote:

I am the best developper on this board, my rates are $1000/hours for consulting and I want a limo big_smile

Well I tried to send the limo but the Obama's wanted it for the evening so and they asked so politely for it. I told CWI to write you a check for 10 hours of work, and when they tried to send it to Magic kingdom, it came back.. Doh!  I guess that means your not interested?  (hehe j/k)

jbartels wrote:

Johnson! Thats outrageous! I'll do it for $999/hour and cab fare!

You'd be surprised what kind of feedback you'll get if you stop being shady and just post what you've got. A quick search of the forum should show you who the popular Rails hosts are and indicate what issues, if any, the community has had with them. Work from there and then tune your service to compete in the market.

Another option if you're a new hosting company, is to listen to the advice in "Getting Real with Rails" and just launch the damn service. You'll find out where the holes are pretty quickly. The experts will push the limits one way, and the noobs will push it another.

Having said all that, if you'd care to provide some contact info it might make it a little easier for interested developers to find you. Though I understand that posting a link asking someone to "review" your services is a little spammy. I commend you for not doing that, on this forum anyway.

Googling your screen name turns up lots of hits on forums where you have a zero post count. The first indication that you exist as a legitmate buisness entity is a forum posting halfway down the second page. That forum is a real gem of the internet too.

The other forums (and boy there are a lot of them) you've posted on, with maybe only 2 or 3 unique messages are the real gems of the internet. I can learn about wang pills right alongside the fine hosting available from your employer.

Also your search rank sucks. So not only are you a spammer, you're bad at it too. On the upside your vague post got me to look and find out what was really going on. I hope you have fun dealing with all the traffic from people that won't be buying your services, I'm sure thats a real bummer for your bottom line.

So in writing this post I managed to kill some time on a slow evening at home, expose a scumbag spammer, and hopefully amused the RailsForum without upsetting the mods.

Mods, my most sincere apologies if I've broken any rules here. I was bored, this guy seemed like he might have needed some advice, but it turns out he's just a worthless waste of space at another crappy hosting company.

The devils of using the same screen name on various forums. I assure you that I am not a spammer, nor a new hosting company.   

"CWI is building new servers, and a new site, and is wanting feedback from users like you on the new setup and I will be posting your feedback to CWI. The setups are based on both
shared hosting servers and some dedicated servers they have for around $85. " 

http://www.cwihosting.com 

Thats the premise of this. I fully believe and understand that users will find every hole in a system faster than testers will, however we value the feedback of someone who may have a resource intensive application, or know of common limits that other hosts provide that stifle their productivity . 

Jbartels, I realize that this came off on the wrong foot due to its lack of content, but if your interested, please contact us at forums at cwihosting.com