Topic: Blogging plug-in, or integrating WordPress into Rails?

I want to add a blog to part of my application.  Wordpress is appealing, because it already exists, but I really have no idea how I'd go about making www.mydomain.com/blog route to WordPress while all the other routes in my app end up at standard Rails controllers.

Of course, if anyone knows about a decently functional blogging plug-in that I could just steal, that would be awesome too.

Otherwise, what does one do to hook non-rails stuff into rails?  Would I have to write a special controller that wrapped all the WordPress calls I would need to make?  Any pointers at all would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Blogging plug-in, or integrating WordPress into Rails?

You can run anything non-rails from RAILS_ROOT/public, assuming that RAILS_ROOT/public is your web server's (apache, nginx ...) document root and you have php configured properly.

Put wordpress under RAILS_ROOT/public/blog

That will be accessible just like RAILS_ROOT/public/images|javascripts|stylesheets ...
Such as - http://example.com/blog

If you have any plans to write your own (learning-wise), I have a tutorial that you could easily expand on - http://pullmonkey.com/2009/2/11/blog-pl … y-on-rails

Thanks.  Great tutorial, but like the other comments on your blog, we'd love to see part 2!

In the meantime, I'd be much obliged if you could point me at the right chunk of the rails documentation set so I can read more about plugging foreign stuff under RAILS_ROOT/public.

I would configure Nginx or Apache to route anything that comes to /blog into your wordpress blog.

cloister wrote:

In the meantime, I'd be much obliged if you could point me at the right chunk of the rails documentation set so I can read more about plugging foreign stuff under RAILS_ROOT/public.

It won't be in the Rails documentation.  public/  becomes your web server's document root.  So just treat it like apache's htdocs.

Ah, well, that's just entirely too easy!  smile

Thanks.

Here is Wp popup plugin...>>>popup plugin

I want to buy a used motorcycle and it is first time I am going to buy motorcycle and I am here wondering for motorcycle mechanic who provide me complete information about the present condition of motorcycle.

motorcycle mechanic