Topic: active_scaffold with Rails 2.2.2undefined method `pick_template'

Hi,

I am trying to get my application start on rails version 2.2.2. We have used active_scaffold plugin in the application.

When I am trying to start the application It giving following error:

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/module/aliasing.rb:33:in `alias_method': undefined method `pick_template' for class `ActionView::TemplateFinder' (NameError)
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/module/aliasing.rb:33:in `alias_method_chain'
    from D:/Projects/kidos/branches/kidos2.1.1/vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/lib/extensions/generic_view_paths.rb:64
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:153:in `require'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in `new_constants_in'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:153:in `require'
    from D:/Projects/kidos/branches/kidos2.1.1/vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/environment.rb:63
     ... 33 levels...
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
    from ./script/server:3
    from -e:4:in `load'
    from -e:4

I am getting this error in active_scaffold plugin files.

(..\vendor\plugins\active_scaffold\lib\extensions\generic_view_paths.rb)

It might be because some of the files/methods have been moved in new rails 2.2.2.

How to overcome this issue ? What steps should I follow to get solution for this issue ?

I would really appreciate any kind of help on this issue.

Thanks.

Re: active_scaffold with Rails 2.2.2undefined method `pick_template'

same error i am getting when i am running mongrel ...

Thanks

Thiyagarajan Veluchamy

Re: active_scaffold with Rails 2.2.2undefined method `pick_template'

(adding in case anyone runs into this in the future.)

Your active-scaffold needs to be updated. you need to blow away the old one and add the correct version for rails 2.2.
You need to delete /vendor/plugins/activescaffold directory. Next, in your command line, enter:

script/plugin install git://github.com/activescaffold/active_scaffold.git -r 'rails-2.2' # add --force if necessary

Next, add:
script/plugin install git://github.com/ewildgoose/render_component.git -r rails-2.2

Last edited by keesbriggs (2013-02-05 20:34:06)