Topic: First App

I recently launched my first rails app and I am looking for some feedback.

It is running on Nginx/Mongrel, and I used Cap to deploy the app.

I am also using the following plugins: active_merchant, haml, irs_process_script, paperclip, ssl_requirement, stringex, thinking-sphinx and will_paginate.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and I would like to thank all of you on railsforum.com as I used the forum extensively while building it.

All the best and thank you in advance,

Conan

App: www.medicalwarehouse.co.uk

Re: First App

For some reason I find this post as being spammish. Your other post also talks about your website. Hmm...

I had to re-post this as I was banned for my previous post, through emailing Josh I had the ban lifted as I made it clear I was not trying to spam.

My apologies that you have formed the opinion that I am spamming, however that opinion is incorrect, if you do not wish to give me feedback that is perfectly acceptable, but I would rather you didn't question my motives when this has already been cleared up.

Thanks,

Conan

Yep, seemed spammish to me, too, which is why I (believe I) banned you. If it wasn't, then I apologize. There are so many Xanax posts to the forum, they all start to run together.

The website was built for a medical company, there is nothing I can do about that LOL

They don't sell Xanex or any other pharmaceuticals, it is mostly equipment they sell to the NHS in the UK.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Conan

Conan,

I know - I wasn't trying to dog you. Just saying that words like "medicalwarehouse" automatically trigger my "spam" switch. In this case it was a false positive. smile Congrats on your site launch. Not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for - style? We can't see the code behind the app, so there's only so much feedback we can give. smile

Anything really Dana, have you come across any errors etc, even some advice on benchmarking etc, I am all ears!

Thanks again,

Conan

InLikeFlynn wrote:

Anything really Dana, have you come across any errors etc, even some advice on benchmarking etc, I am all ears!

Thanks again,

Conan

I'd say that most people from the forum will have no need to click around the site as it will feel spammy to most (I'm not accussing) which means that they won't find any errors.

As for benchmarking, people would need to see numbers and logs as well as code to know if you had bottlenecks that need fixing and how they might go about that. Without code this really is a case of a medical supplies website that most people would just avoid.